Sunday, June 28, 2009

Full house of laughter, crumbs and yoga

Good friends from California are visiting us. They have two daughters, ages 10 and 12 and then our girls plus the adults and then Mike's parents. With four floors, 3 1/2 baths and 6 sinks, the house supports crowds. And, I love them in my home. I'm not much of a mall shopper, party go-er or bar person, but I love hosting people and more and more that includes kids. I like the rhythmic process of putting together the meal, feeding everyone and then letting the kids go off into various corners with make-up, yoga DVDs, books, music and a mountain of pillows and blankets. I watch our girls with the older girls. I see them growing up. I also see that kids are kids and that some of the things I sigh over with my girls will continue; we are not alone as parents. Comforting thought even if it means a few more years of crumbs under all the chairs and sopping wet hand towels in the sink.

Rejoice in the daily details!

1 comment:

Dr. Rick said...

Sounds like a zoo, family circus, and a touch of the Waltons all thrown together. Great fun.